In today’s techno-digital era, Netgear extenders have become very trendy. They have been constructed around robust technology that makes them both reliable and speedy. The extenders that we will discuss are EX6100, EX6200, EX7000, and EX6150. Provided that these extenders have the FastLane technology and MU-MIMO common, they vary in the availability of form factor and Ethernet ports. The selection of extender has to be made on the basis of the issues that you are dealing with and what is a superb alternative for your unique situation. The Netgear extender setup process also differs from extender to extender.
Most of the software and instructions which are required is available on the website, and video sources on YouTube. In this post, we will try to give you an eagle’s eye view of the extender setup process.
Installing the Netgear Extender
The EX6150 and EX6100 both have the same form factor. They may be installed on the wall, hence decreasing your need to create extra space. Their set up method is also similar. They both can be installed through the browser setup technique i.e. via mywifiext.net or the EX6150 can be set up by using the WPS method. On the other hand, the EX6200 can also be installed and configured by using the Ethernet port of your WiFi access point. The EX7000 may be set up as the access point or wireless extender using the Ethernet installation technique as well.
Netgear Extender Installation Using Web Browser Method:
The browser setup technique through mywifiext.com is a plug-n-play technique that requires a current internet connection to set up the extender. Follow the instructions below to install the Netgear extender using this method:
- Plug the WiFi range extender into an electrical outlet and watch for the power led to appearing green.
- Using a wireless client, connect to an available WiFi network.
- Verify the connection when the device LED turns into a stable condition.
- Pull up a web browsing application like Chrome, Firefox, Explorer or Safari and navigate to mywifiext.net login webpage.
- Type the user ID and password for login.
- Click on the extender setup and follow the commands displayed on the screen.’
Thus, you can use the browser guide via mywifiext to set up and configure your Netgear wireless range extender.
Netgear Extender Installation Using WPS Method:
This technique is quite the simplest and calls for minimal interference from you. The required steps are:
- Plug the extender into a power outlet and turn it on properly.
- Find the WPS button on your extender. Press it gently once found.
- If you own a dual-band extender, repeat the given steps.
Affirm the connection by using the WPS LED getting switched on. Once done, install the most recent version of Netgear extender firmware on your device.
Netgear Extender Installation Using Ethernet Connection:
Want to use an Ethernet connection while setting up the extender? If yes, have a quick look at the step-by-step guide mentioned below:
- Plug in the range extender to a fluctuation-free wall socket and switch it on.
- Ensure that the PC is not linked to a WiFi network or an Ethernet connection.
- Connect your extender using a cable or wire.
- Load a web browser and it will automatically take you to the Netgear genie display screen.
- In case it doesn’t open automatically, go to mywifiext.net setup page manually.
- From there, just comply with the setup instructions to install the extender.
Quick Tip: On the off chance that the web-based address is not working for you, use the default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.250 for accessing the basic setup page.
Although these are the three simple strategies, you may come across a few technical issues during Netgear extender installation. In this case, feel free to get instant help from our 24×7 available technicians at toll-free number 1-844-697-8376.